- On Friday 24 May, the Committee published its third report on international agreements: Report on the agreement on trade in goods between Iceland, Norway and the UK (PDF, 164KB).
- The Committee last met on Monday 20 May, The meeting can be seen on Senedd.tv. The next meeting will be held on Monday 3 June.
- On Friday 22 March, the Committee published its second report on international agreements: Agreements considered on 18 March 2019 (PDF, 242KB).
- On Friday 8 March, the Committee published its report: The Trade Bill – second report on legislative consent and associated issues (PDF, 196KB).
- The Committee published its report: Wales’ future relationship with Europe and the world (PDF, 2MB) on Thursday 21 February. The Welsh Government responded (PDF, 491KB) to the report on 24 April 2019. The report and response was debated in Plenary on Wednesday 1 May 2019.
Latest Updates about leaving the European Union (Brexit)
Work completed by the External Affairs and Additional Legislation Committee
Forward work programme
Follow us on Twitter: @SeneddEAAL
The Committee was established on 28 June 2016. On 15 September 2016 its remit was agreed as:
(a) to examine the implications for Wales of the United Kingdom's withdrawal from the European Union and to ensure Welsh interests are safeguarded during the withdrawal process, in any new relationship with the European Union and in the intra-UK post-withdrawal arrangements for relevant policy, finance and legislation;
(b) to coordinate activity across Assembly committees in relation to point (a) above.
(c) to carry out the functions of the responsible committee under Standing Orders 21.8 to 21.11, with a consequential change to the remit of the Constitutional and Legislative Affairs Committee;
(d) to consider any other matter, including legislation, referred to it by the Business Committee.