- The Committee will next meet on Monday 27 January. The agenda has now been published.
- On 20 January, the Committee published its report on the Withdrawal Agreement: Implications for Wales (January 2020).
- On 16 January, the Committee published its report on the EU (Withdrawal Agreement) Bill: legislative consent.
- On 4 December 2019 the Chair wrote (PDF, 362KB) to the Counsel General and Brexit Minister regarding follow up work on Brexit preparedness. The Counsel General and Brexit Minister responded (PDF, 504KB) on 7 January 2020.
- The Committee published its report (PDF, 191KB) on UK international agreements after Brexit: a role for the Assembly, on 18 December 2019.
- The Committee published its report (PDF, 174KB) on the Welsh Government’s Draft International Strategy on 12 December 2019.
- The Committee published its report (PDF, 313KB) on Common policy frameworks: Assembly scrutiny on 9 December 2019.
- The Committee published its report (PDF, 4MB): Changes to freedom of movement after Brexit – implications for Wales, on 8 November 2019.
Latest Updates about leaving the European Union (Brexit)
Work completed by the External Affairs and Additional Legislation Committee
Forward work programme
Follow us on Twitter: @SeneddEAAL
The Committee was established on 28 June 2016. On 15 September 2016 its remit was agreed as:
(a) to examine the implications for Wales of the United Kingdom's withdrawal from the European Union and to ensure Welsh interests are safeguarded during the withdrawal process, in any new relationship with the European Union and in the intra-UK post-withdrawal arrangements for relevant policy, finance and legislation;
(b) to coordinate activity across Assembly committees in relation to point (a) above.
(c) to carry out the functions of the responsible committee under Standing Orders 21.8 to 21.11, with a consequential change to the remit of the Constitutional and Legislative Affairs Committee;
(d) to consider any other matter, including legislation, referred to it by the Business Committee.