Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee
- The Committee will next meet on Wednesday 29 January. The agenda has now been published.
- The Committee’s consultation on the Local Government and Election (Wales) Bill closed on 3 January 2020, the responses have been published. Analysis of the survey on Part 3 of the Bill has also been published.
- On Thursday 19 December, the Committee published a short report (PDF, 194KB) on mental health and substance misuse in rough sleepers.
- The Welsh Government laid their response (PDF, 327KB) to the Committee’s report on benefits in Wales (PDF, 1MB) on 6 December 2019.
- The Welsh Government laid their response (PDF, 393KB) to the Committee’s report on empty properties (PDF, 2MB) on 27 November 2019. The report and government response was debated in Plenary on 4 December 2019.
Follow us on Twitter: @SeneddELGC
The Committee was established on 28 June 2016 to examine legislation and hold the Welsh Government to account by scrutinising expenditure, administration and policy matters encompassing (but not restricted to): local government; housing, community regeneration, cohesion and safety; tackling poverty; equality of opportunity and human rights. On 13 November 2019, the Committee’s remit was amended to include the ability to: exercise the non-budgetary functions set out in Standing Order 18A.2 in relation to accountability and governance of the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales.
Forward Work programme
- The Forward Work Programme of the Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee sets out the work that the Committee intends to carry out over the course of the following term.
Work completed by the Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee
Clerk: Naomi Stocks.
National Assembly for Wales
Phone: 0300 200 6222