- The Committee will next meet on 2 March 2020.
- The Committee has published its report (PDF 118KB) on the Welsh Government’s Legislative Consent Memorandum on the Direct Payments to Farmers (Legislative Continuity) Bill
- The Committee has published its report (PDF 163KB) on the Welsh Government’s Legislative Consent Memorandum on the European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) Bill.
- The Senedd and Elections (Wales) Act 2020 was given Royal Assent on 15 January 2020.
- The Committee has published its report (PDF 88KB) on the Statutory Instrument Consent Memorandum for the Pilotage Act 1987 (Amendment) Regulations 2019.
- The Committee has published its report (PDF 1MB) on the Wild Animals and Circuses (Wales) Bill.
Follow us on Twitter: @SeneddCLA
The name of the Constitutional and Legislative Affairs Committee was changed to the Legislation, Justice and Constitution Committee on 29 January 2020 following a motion agreed in the National Assembly.
Any reference on the Assembly’s webpages, Senedd TV or in meeting transcripts to the Legislation, Justice and Constitution Committee before 29 January 2020 should be read as a reference to the Constitutional and Legislative Affairs Committee.
The committee was established on 15 June 2016 to carry out the functions of the responsible committee set out in Standing Order 21 (excluding Standing Orders 21.8 to 21.11*) and to consider any other matter relating to legislation, justice and the constitution** within or relating to the competence of the Assembly or the Welsh Ministers, including the quality of legislation.
^The Committee’s remit was amended following resolutions in Plenary on 14 September 2016* and 29 January 2020**.
See also the report of the Business Committee, amending the title of the Constitutional and Legislative Affairs Committee, January 2020.
Legislative Consent Memorandums
Assembly Bills currently under scrutiny
Other work streams
Work completed by the Committee