Bill-011 - Paul Davies AM - The Autism (Wales) Bill
A Member must provide 'pre-ballot information' to set out the intended purpose of their proposed Bill before it is entered into the Presiding Officer's ballot. This information is set out below.
Policy Objectives of the Bill
The Bill makes provision for meeting the needs of children and adults with autism spectrum conditions in Wales with the aim of protecting and promoting the rights of autistic adults in Wales. The Bill would also give the condition its own statutory identity, recognising that autism is a condition in its own right.
The Autism (Wales) Bill would seek to:
- Introduce a strategy for meeting the needs of children and adults in Wales with autistic spectrum disorder conditions;
- Ensure a clear pathway to diagnosis of autism in local areas;
- Ensure that local authorities and health boards understand and take necessary action so that children and adults with autism get the timely support they need.
- Establish a register of autistic children and adults so that local areas can plan accordingly;
- Regularly review the strategy and guidance to ensure progress
Development of the Bill
This Member was successful in the Member Bill ballot on 28 March 2017. View the development of this Bill.