Bringing the National Assembly to Aberystwyth
The National Assembly for Wales has announced it will be bringing a week full of its regular activities, special exhibitions and public engagement events to Aberystwyth in December as part of its Senedd@ campaign.
Assembly meetings with members, workshops and public events which will look at issues such as Brexit, higher education, agriculture and business, will be held during the week-long Senedd@ Aberystwyth. Beginning in early November, and in preparation for the campaign, the National Assembly will work closely with local groups, organisation and businesses to deliver a series of workshops in the area leading up to December.
The aim is to gather views and engage with as many people from all sectors and communities as possible. It will also be an opportunity to celebrate the best of Aberystwyth with a special exhibition by local photographer Keith Morris Aberystwyth Past, Present and Future.
Senedd@ Aberystwyth is the latest in a series of campaigns which sees the National Assembly engage with communities across Wales, holding a variety of engagement activity and formal Assembly business outside of Cardiff Bay. Previous Senedd@ campaigns have taken place in Delyn, Newport, Swansea and Wrexham.
Local Assembly Member for Ceredigion and the Presiding Officer of the Assembly, Elin Jones said; "I'm thrilled that the next Senedd@ campaign will take place in Aberystwyth, and I hope that as many people as possible in Aberystwyth and wider community take part, and have their say on the issues that matter most to them .The National Assembly for Wales is a Parliament that serves the whole of Wales and its people. It's important that the Assembly's work is accessible to all the people of Wales, and that people from all parts of the country have an opportunity to feed into discussions that ultimately affect their day to day lives."
The programme for events include:
- 3 December 2018 – Impact of Brexit on Aberystwyth: Higher Education, Health and Trade, International Politics Department Aberystwyth University
- 6 December 2018 – Culture, Welsh Language and Communications Committee: Scrutiny of the National Library for Wales and Welsh Books Council, Aberystwyth Arts Centre
- 6 December 2018 – Impact of Brexit on Aberystwyth: Agriculture, Aberystwyth Arts Centre
- 7 December 2018 – Business Breakfast: Enterprise in Aberystwyth – The Future, Medina
- 7 December 2018 – Aberystwyth: Past, Present and Future, and Photo Exhibition by Keith Morris, The Old College
More details will be announced but you can get the latest news on Senedd@ Aberystwyth by following @AssemblyWales on Twitter, the National Assembly for Wales Facebook page or visit www.assembly.wales/seneddaber.
To get involved in these sessions, please contact the Senedd@ Aberstwyth team on email@example.com or 0300 200 65 65