Salary Range: Management Band 2 (£26,917 - £36,909) plus recruitment and retention allowance (£3,191.30)
*Please note that recruitment will normally be at the minimum of the range*
Purpose of the Post:
To provide a high quality translation service to Assembly Members, their staff and the public, without supervision whilst being mindful of the fact that you are working in a political environment.
Text translators report to the senior text translator and the head of service.
- to translate text from English to Welsh and Welsh to English;
- to work independently and as a member of a team to produce work to a high standard within tight deadlines;
- to receive guidance and advice from managers and undertake any reasonable tasks as required;
- to respect confidentiality and work effectively in a political environment;
- to use information technology systems effectively and master the relevant software.
Pattern of Working
This is a full-time post although flexible working arrangements may be considered, subject to meeting the needs of the Assembly and its Members.
Please quote reference number AC-029-17
Closing date: 10.00 11 December 2017
Submitting your application
If you would prefer the information above in a different format or would prefer a pack sent in the post, please email us on Jobs@Assembly.Wales or call us on 0300 200 6507.
Submit your application by e-mail to: Jobs@Assembly.Wales or post it to us
Human Resources Recruitment Team
National Assembly for Wales
The successful candidate will be subject to security vetting.