Communications Officer for Kirsty Williams AM
Salary range: £20,562 - £30,143 (Band 2)
(Please note that recruitment will normally be at the minimum of the range)
Working hours: 37
Location: Constituency Office in Brecon
- Establish a broad range of contacts within the press, broadcast and online media in order to promote the work of the Assembly Member
- Liaise with the Assembly Member / Office Manager and identify any aspects of their work which may be of interest to the media
- Ensure the smooth running of the press office systems and establish an effective media monitoring system, covering print, broadcast and online media
- Provide other such duties as requested by the Assembly Member including drafting letters, arranging surgeries etc.
Essential Skills and Behaviours
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships across professional boundaries with members of the press and media
- Ability to generate ideas for news items which reflect the work of the AM
- Excellent written ability to produce briefings and press notices
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate the work and policies of the Assembly Member
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
For more information and an application form email email@example.com or telephone 01874 625739.
To apply, please submit an application form (CV’s optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Monday 4 December 2017
Interview date: Monday 11 December 2017.