Visit Siambr Hywel, the Assembly’s dedicated youth debating chamber, to learn about the role of an Assembly Member, and what happens inside the Senedd. We look forward to seeing a any school across a range of ages, from 4 upwards. It's never too late to learn about our democracy. The Assembly offers two education visits a day on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays during these time slots:
10.00 – 12.00
12.40 – 14.30
Your two-hour visit, which includes a debate in Siambr Hywel, a workshop activity and a visit to the Senedd is a powerful and flexible resource for your school. We can include a range of age groups and we take a flexible approach to how we shape the sessions. You tell us what you'd like to learn, for example, in the past we've done sessions on history, sustainability and a day in the life of an AM.
To find out more contact our amazing team on
email@example.com or call 0300 200 6565.
Additional learning needs
These fun and interactive activities will inspire the learners to play the role of an Assembly Member.
See more info here.
School Council visit
A special visit for School Councils which includes the opportunity to hold a School Council meeting in Siambr Hywel, an activity and a visit to the Senedd. Tickets to watch Plenary on Tuesdays and Wednesdays are available if required. This is available for primary and secondary schools.
• Your local Assembly Members will be invited to meet with you during your visit but, unfortunately, we cannot guarantee they will be able to attend.
• Apart from School Council visits, groups should be from one key stage only.
• We welcome all schools and other youth groups.
• A lunch area is available for any visit (need to book in advance).
• You can arrange for an Education Officer to visit you before or after your visit.
• A subsidy towards travel costs to the Senedd is available for eligible schools.
• To book a visit email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 200 6565.