We visit you
The Assembly’s education external service is run by experienced teachers who provide free presentations and workshops in schools and colleges across Wales. These include:
• Interactive presentations.
• Group work activities, encouraging young people to feed back to the Assembly on issues that affect them.
• Teacher training.
• Teaching resources to meet the requirements of the PSE Framework, Welsh Baccalaureate and the A-level Government and Politics course.
• Non-curricular resources around general raising of awareness of Assembly business.
• Workshops tailored to meet the needs of your students.
• Consultations where young people learn how to contribute to Assembly business.
Meet the team:
– Ann Owen-Williams
Before working at the Assembly Ann did all kinds of jobs from serving ice cream, dressing up as a Disney character and, well, a Geography teacher. Now she travels the north going to all sorts of places encouraging young people to get involved in politics.
– Caryl-Mai Hughes
Caryl was deeply involved in music education before joining the Assembly. Despite repeated calls she refuses to sing for us at the office. She's passionate about providing opportunities for young people to engage in Welsh democracy.
– Amber Lewis
Amber seems to have nerves of steel, having once actively stepped into water with 30 hammerhead sharks. She claims to have dressed Elijah Wood as a costume assistant, which would have been no small task (hobbits, get it?!). She champions the voice of young people in Wales, and shows them the tools to enact change.
– Megan Williams
Megan hasn't told us any interesting facts from her past, so we've assumed she's hiding a dark secret: she's possibly an extra-terrestial or maybe an heir to a global confectionary mega-corp. She's our digital tsar, helping young people to engage online, and in their communities.
Arrange a presentation or workshop at your school or college by calling 0300 200 6565 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.