Academic Fellowship scheme
The Academic Fellowship scheme enables academics at a senior (post-PhD) career level to spend time working with the Research Service on a specific project, where this will have mutual benefit to the academic and to the National Assembly for Wales.
The scheme aims to:
- Provide access to expertise on topics of relevance to priority areas;
- Promote public understanding of the Assembly amongst the research community;
- Cultivate relationships between Assembly staff and the research community; and
- Support the Assembly Commission’s strategic goals of providing outstanding parliamentary support and engaging with all the people of Wales.
The call for applications for 2019 has now closed. Information on future schemes will appear on this page shortly.
Who can apply?
Applications to the Academic Fellowship scheme for research to be conducted sometime in 2019 have now closed.
There are two routes to apply:
- Directed call – Responding to an invitation to submit a bid to research a pre-identified topic. The list of potential topics can be seen below.
- Open call – Propose a project of your choosing.
The Fellowship scheme is open to senior (post-PhD) academics who are employed at a UK higher education institution. All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Guidance and Frequently asked Questions
Further information on the scheme can be obtained from email@example.com.
Potential Fellowship topics for 2019
Find out more about the Fellows who are currently working with the Assembly
Find out more about the Fellows who have completed their Fellowship
Read the Research Briefings in the IN BRIEF blog by Senedd Research