WRITTEN STATEMENTS OF OPINION TABLED ON 2 SEPTEMBER 2017 SEPTEMBER 2017
R Signifies the Member has declared an interest
1. Expresses its concern regarding the situation in Catalonia.
2. Condemns the raiding of Catalan government buildings by police and the detention of officials, which is an unacceptable violation of the autonomous institutions of Catalonia
3. Extends its solidarity with elected representatives of Catalonia and support the right to self-determination by the people of Catalonia through referendum.
4. Calls on the Spanish government to play a constructive role and encourage a solution through political dialogue rather than judicial or forceful means.
5. Calls on the Welsh Government to send a message of solidarity to the people of Catalonia.