- The Committee published its report on the Welsh Government’s Draft International Strategy on 12 December 2019.
- The Committee published its report on Common policy frameworks: Assembly scrutiny on 9 December 2019.
- On 4 December 2019 the Chair wrote (PDF, 362KB) to the Counsel General and Brexit Minister regarding follow up work on Brexit preparedness.
- The Committee last met on Monday 2 December. The meeting can be seen on Senedd.tv.
- The Committee published its report (PDF, 4MB): Changes to freedom of movement after Brexit – implications for Wales, on 8 November 2019.
- On 4 November 2019 the Committee heard evidence on how stakeholders from the ports and transport, and food and farming sectors have been preparing for Brexit.
- On 31 October 2019 the Chair wrote (PDF, 164KB) to Lord Kinnoull, Chair of the European Union Committee at the House of Lords regarding the UK/Korea: Free Trade Agreement.
Latest Updates about leaving the European Union (Brexit)
Work completed by the External Affairs and Additional Legislation Committee
Forward work programme
Follow us on Twitter: @SeneddEAAL
The Committee was established on 28 June 2016. On 15 September 2016 its remit was agreed as:
(a) to examine the implications for Wales of the United Kingdom's withdrawal from the European Union and to ensure Welsh interests are safeguarded during the withdrawal process, in any new relationship with the European Union and in the intra-UK post-withdrawal arrangements for relevant policy, finance and legislation;
(b) to coordinate activity across Assembly committees in relation to point (a) above.
(c) to carry out the functions of the responsible committee under Standing Orders 21.8 to 21.11, with a consequential change to the remit of the Constitutional and Legislative Affairs Committee;
(d) to consider any other matter, including legislation, referred to it by the Business Committee.