Health, Social Care and Sport Committee
- The Committee is undertaking a one-day inquiry on dentistry in Wales. It has launched a consultation which will run until 31 August 2018, and would welcome your views.
- The Committee will publish its draft forward work programme for the autumn term in July.
- The committee will be undertaking scrutiny of NHS bodies and the ADSS on their response to last winter’s pressures and their preparations for this coming winter on 19 July 2018.
- The Committee has published its report on Use of antipsychotic medication in care homes. A debate on the report and the Welsh Government’s response will take place in Plenary on 11 July 2018.
- The Committee will conclude taking evidence in relation to its inquiry into physical activity of children and young people shortly, and look to produce its report during the autumn term.
- The Committee held its final evidence session on its inquiry into suicide prevention on 27 June 2018 with the Cabinet Secretary for Health and Social Services. We will publish our report in the autumn term.
- The Public Health (Minimum Price for Alcohol) (Wales) Bill was agreed by the Assembly on 19 June 2018. It is now in the four week period (20 June – 18 July 2018) during which, the Counsel General or the Attorney General may refer the question whether the Bill, or any provision of the Bill, would be within the Assembly’s legislative competence to the Supreme Court for decision (section 112 of the Government of Wales Act). Similarly, the Secretary of State for Wales may make an order prohibiting the Presiding Officer from submitting the Bill for Royal Assent.
Follow us on Twitter: @SeneddHealth
The Committee was established on 28 June 2016 to examine legislation and hold the Welsh Government to account by scrutinising expenditure, administration and policy matters, encompassing (but not restricted to): the physical, mental and public health and well-being of the people of Wales, including the social care system.
Legislation currently under scrutiny
Public Health (Minimum Price for Alcohol) (Wales) Bill
Autism (Wales) Bill
Strategic objectives, Committee priorities and forward work programme
Work Completed by the Health and Social Care Committee
Clerk: Claire Morris.
National Assembly for Wales
Phone: 0300 200 6355