- The Committee held a consultation on its inquiry into suicide prevention. The consultation responses have been published. We are now taking oral evidence.
- The general principles of the Public Health (Minimum Price for Alcohol) (Wales) Bill were agreed in Plenary on 13 March 2018. Stage 2 proceedings will take place in Committee on 3 May 2018.
- The Committee has published its report on the Public Health (Minimum Price for Alcohol) (Wales) Bill. The Stage 1 debate will take place in Plenary on 13 March. (5 March 2018)
- The Committee has published its report into loneliness and isolation. A Plenary debate was held on 14 February 2018. (15 February 2018)
- Regular updates on the work of Committees is available in the Committee Newsletter (21 November 2017)
Follow us on Twitter: @SeneddHealth
The Committee was established on 28 June 2016 to examine legislation and hold the Welsh Government to account by scrutinising expenditure, administration and policy matters, encompassing (but not restricted to): the physical, mental and public health and well-being of the people of Wales, including the social care system.
Legislation currently under scrutiny
Public Health (Minimum Price for Alcohol) (Wales) Bill
Strategic objectives, Committee priorities and forward work programme
Work Completed by the Health and Social Care Committee
Clerk: Claire Morris.
National Assembly for Wales
Phone: 0300 200 6355