Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee
- A notice of amendments has been published to the Abolition of the Right to Buy and Associated Rights (Wales) Bill. All amendments tabled can be viewed on the webpage. (15 September 2017)
- The Trade Union (Wales) Bill received Royal Assent on 7 September and is now the Trade Union (Wales) Act. (12 September 2017)
- The Committee has written to the Cabinet Secretary for Communities and Children and the Cabinet Secretary for Environment and Rural Affairs in relation to the inquiry into fire safety in high rise blocks in Wales. (15 August 2017)
- The Committee has published its report on the inquiry into poverty in Wales: Communities First – lessons learnt. (25 July 2017)
Follow us on Twitter: @SeneddELGC
The Committee was established on 28 June 2016 to examine legislation and hold the Welsh Government to account by scrutinising expenditure, administration and policy matters encompassing (but not restricted to): local government; housing, community regeneration, cohesion and safety; tackling poverty; equality of opportunity and human rights.
Forward Work programme
- The Forward Work Programme of the Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee sets out the work that the Committee intends to carry out over the course of the following term.
Legislation currently under scrutiny
Work completed by the Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee
Clerk: Naomi Stocks.
National Assembly for Wales
Phone: 0300 200 6565