Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee
- The Committee will next meet on Thursday 19 September in private. The agenda has been published.
- On Tuesday 6 August, the Committee received correspondence from the Minister for Housing and Local Government regarding fire safety in high-rise buildings. View the letter here (PDF, 276KB).
- The Committee received correspondence (PDF, 258KB) from the Deputy Minister for Housing and Local Government regarding benefits in Wales: options for better delivery – 6 August 2019.
- The Welsh Government (PDF, 129KB) and Assembly Commission (PDF, 270KB) published their responses to the Committee’s report on voting rights for prisoners on 24 July 2019. The report and responses will be debated in Plenary on 25 September 2019.
- The Committee last met on Wednesday 17 July, the meeting can be seen on Senedd.tv. The Committee will next meet following the summer recess on 19 September.
- The Committee published its report on the Blue Badge Scheme in Wales: Eligibility and Implementation (PDF, 686KB) on Monday 8 July.
Follow us on Twitter: @SeneddELGC
The Committee was established on 28 June 2016 to examine legislation and hold the Welsh Government to account by scrutinising expenditure, administration and policy matters encompassing (but not restricted to): local government; housing, community regeneration, cohesion and safety; tackling poverty; equality of opportunity and human rights.
Forward Work programme
- The Forward Work Programme of the Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee sets out the work that the Committee intends to carry out over the course of the following term.
Work completed by the Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee
Clerk: Naomi Stocks.
National Assembly for Wales
Phone: 0300 200 6222