Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee
- The Committee last met on Thursday 11 July, the meeting can be seen on Senedd.tv. The Committee will next meet on Wednesday 17 July, the agenda has now been published.
- The Committee published its report on the Blue Badge Scheme in Wales: Eligibility and Implementation (PDF, 686KB) on Monday 8 July.
- On Friday 4 July, the Committee sent correspondence to the Minister for Housing and Local Government regarding fire safety in high-rise buildings. View the letter here (PDF, 80KB).
- The Committee published its report: Voting Rights for Prisoners (PDF, 1MB) on Tuesday 11 June.
- The Chair of the Committee has issued a statement on the recent report on poverty in the UK by the UN Rapporteur on Extreme Poverty and Human Rights.
Follow us on Twitter: @SeneddELGC
The Committee was established on 28 June 2016 to examine legislation and hold the Welsh Government to account by scrutinising expenditure, administration and policy matters encompassing (but not restricted to): local government; housing, community regeneration, cohesion and safety; tackling poverty; equality of opportunity and human rights.
Forward Work programme
- The Forward Work Programme of the Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee sets out the work that the Committee intends to carry out over the course of the following term.
Work completed by the Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee
Clerk: Naomi Stocks.
National Assembly for Wales
Phone: 0300 200 6222