· Expert Adviser Report for the Equality, Local Government and Communities committee has now been published (22 January 2018)
· The Committee has written to the Chief Whip and Leader of the House in relation to the post legislative inquiry into the Violence against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence Act 2015.
· The Welsh Government has responded to the Committee’s report on the draft budget 2018-19. The debate will take place in Plenary on Tuesday 16 January. (12 January 2018)
· The Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee is undertaking an inquiry into rough sleeping in Wales. (12 January 2018)
· The consultation on the inquiry into local approaches to poverty reduction: the Well-Being of Future Generations Act and public service boards has now closed. Responses are published here. (7 December 2017)
· The Abolition of the Right to Buy and Associated Rights (Wales) Bill was passed by the Assembly on 5 December 2017. (6 December 2017)
The Committee was established on 28 June 2016 to examine legislation and hold the Welsh Government to account by scrutinising expenditure, administration and policy matters encompassing (but not restricted to): local government; housing, community regeneration, cohesion and safety; tackling poverty; equality of opportunity and human rights.
· View meeting transcripts after 1 November 2017
· View meeting transcripts prior to 31 October 2017
Forward Work programme
· The Forward Work Programme of the Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee sets out the work that the Committee intends to carry out over the course of the following term.
· Inquiry into human rights in Wales
· Inquiry into poverty in Wales: making the economy work for people on low incomes
· Inquiry into fire safety in high rise blocks in Wales
· Inquiry into local approaches to poverty reduction: the Well-Being of Future Generations Act and public service boards
· Inquiry into rough sleeping in Wales
Legislation currently under scrutiny
· Abolition of the Right to Buy and Associated Rights (Wales) Bill
· Public Services Ombudsman (Wales) Bill
Work completed by the Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee
Clerk: Naomi Stocks.
Postal address: National Assembly for Wales Cardiff BayCardiffCF99 1NA
Phone: 0300 200 6565
View meeting transcripts after 1 November 2017
View meeting transcripts prior to 31 October 2017