Children, Young People and Education Committee
- The Committee has launched a consultation on its post-legislative scrutiny of the Higher Education (Wales) Act 2015 . The consultation is now open and will run until 3 May 2019 – 8 March 2019
- On 10 January 2019 the Committee scrutinised the Minister for Education on curriculum reform. Following the meeting, the Chair wrote to the WLGA and ADEW to seek clarification about their jointly submitted written evidence. Responses from the WLGA and ADEW have now been received – 7 February 2019
- The Welsh Government response to the Committee’s report ‘Degrees of Separation? The Impact of Brexit on Higher and Further Education’ has been published – A plenary debate will take place on Wednesday 20 March 2019 - 1 February 2019
- This morning Royal Assent was given to the Childcare Funding (Wales) Act 2019 – 30 January 2019
- The consultation responses for the inquiry into School funding are now published – 15 January 2019
- The Welsh Government has responded to the Committee’s report on the Draft Budget 2019-20 - 15 January 2019
- The consultation responses on the Welsh Government's progress in developing the new Curriculum for Wales have now been published – 8 January 2019
Follow us on Twitter: @SeneddCYPE
The Committee was established on 28 June 2016 to examine legislation and hold the Welsh Government to account by scrutinising its expenditure, administration and policy matters, encompassing (but not restricted to): the education, health and well-being of the children and young people of Wales, including their social care.
Forward Work Programme
Work Completed by the Children, Young People and Education Committee
Clerk: Llinos Madeley.
National Assembly for Wales
Phone: 0300 200 6565