Children, Young People and Education Committee
- The Committee has launched an inquiry into School Funding in Wales, closing date is Friday 14 December – 18 October 2018
- The Committee has launched a consultation on the Welsh Government’s progress in developing the new Curriculum for Wales – 11 October 2018
- The Welsh Government has responded to the Committee’s report on Targeted Funding to Improve Educational Outcomes there will be a plenary debate on Wednesday 7 November.
- The consultation responses for the inquiry into the status of the Welsh Baccalaureate qualification have been published – 28 September 2018
- Response (PDF, 496KB) from the Minister for Children, Older People and Social Care to the Children, Young People and Education Committee’s Stage 1 Report – 17 September 2018
- Welsh Government announce new focus on a ‘whole school’ approach to mental health and wellbeing for children and young people. This includes the establishment of a Ministerial Task and Finish Group to help accelerate this approach – 7 September 2018
- Regular updates on the work of Committees is available in the Committee Newsletter
Follow us on Twitter: @SeneddCYPE
The Committee was established on 28 June 2016 to examine legislation and hold the Welsh Government to account by scrutinising its expenditure, administration and policy matters, encompassing (but not restricted to): the education, health and well-being of the children and young people of Wales, including their social care.
Forward Work Programme
Work Completed by the Children, Young People and Education Committee
Clerk: Llinos Madeley.
National Assembly for Wales
Phone: 0300 200 6565