· Welsh Government has submitted its response (PDF, 115KB) to the Committee’s report and recommendations on the Scrutiny of the First Supplementary Budget 2019-20 on 19 August 2019.
· The Committee has published its Report on the Financial Implications of the Children (Abolition of Defence of Reasonable Punishment) (Wales) Bill (PDF, 468KB) – 2 August 2019
· The Finance Committee of the National Assembly for Wales is advertising for Expert Advisers (PDF 147 KB), to assist with future inquiries relating to budgets, forecasting and taxation.
· Consultation: Welsh Government Draft Budget Proposals 2020-21
· The Committee published its report on Scrutiny of Welsh Government First Supplementary Budget 2019-2020 (PDF, 1MB) on 5 July 2019.
· The Committee published its report on Financial Implications of the Senedd and Elections (Wales) Bill (PDF, 655KB) on 28 June 2019.
· The Finance Committee has issued a Statement of Principles (PDF, 81KB) that it expects Directly Funded Bodies to have regard to when making budget proposals – May 2019
· The Welsh Government has responded to the joint Committee report, ‘Assessing the impact of budget decisions’ (PDF, 314KB). The committees will be looking at next steps for this work in the coming weeks.
Follow us on Twitter: @SeneddFinance
The Committee was established on 22 June 2016 to carry out the functions of the responsible committee set out in Standing Orders 18.10, 18.11, 19 and 20 of the National Assembly for Wales.
Under Standing Orders 19 and 20, the committee’s responsibilities include considering any report or document laid before the Assembly concerning the use of resources, or expenditure from the Welsh Consolidated Fund. This includes undertaking budget scrutiny of the bodies directly funded from the Welsh Consolidated Fund.
Under Standing Orders 18.10 and 18.11, the committee’s responsibilities include oversight of the governance of the Wales Audit Office, as set out in the Public Audit (Wales) Act 2013.
The committee also considers any proposals for, and the progress of the devolution of fiscal powers to Wales as part of its responsibilities.
The committee may also scrutinise legislation introduced to the Assembly.
Work completed by the Finance Committee