· The Committee has published its report on the financial implications of the Additional Learning Needs and Educational Tribunal (Wales) Bill (PDF, 370KB)
· Landfill Disposals Tax (Wales) Bill is currently in Stage 3.
· The stage 4 motion on Land Transaction Tax and Anti-avoidance of Devolved Taxes (Wales) Bill was agreed on 4 April 2017 in Plenary.
· Regular updates on the work of Committees is available in the Committee Newsletter. (PDF 439 KB)
Follow us on Twitter: @SeneddFinance
The Committee was established on 22 June 2016 to carry out the functions of the responsible committee set out in Standing Orders 18.10, 18.11, 19 and 20 of the National Assembly for Wales.
Under Standing Orders 19 and 20, the committee’s responsibilities include considering any report or document laid before the Assembly concerning the use of resources, or expenditure from the Welsh Consolidated Fund. This includes undertaking budget scrutiny of the bodies directly funded from the Welsh Consolidated Fund.
Under Standing Orders 18.10 and 18.11, the committee’s responsibilities include oversight of the governance of the Wales Audit Office, as set out in the Public Audit (Wales) Act 2013.
The committee also considers any proposals for, and the progress of the devolution of fiscal powers to Wales as part of its responsibilities.
The committee may also scrutinise legislation introduced to the Assembly.
· View meeting transcripts
Legislation currently under scrutiny
· Land Transaction Tax and Anti-avoidance of Devolved Taxes (Wales) Bill
· Landfill Disposals Tax (Wales) Bill
· Inquiry into the financial estimates accompanying legislation
Work completed by the Finance Committee
· Budget scrutiny
· Oversight of the Wales Audit Office
· Devolution of fiscal powers
· Legislative scrutiny
· Consideration of the Draft Public Services Ombudsman (Wales) Bill
Clerk: Bethan Davies.
Postal address: National Assembly for Wales Cardiff BayCardiffCF99 1NA
Phone: 0300 200 6372
Web site: www.assembly.wales/SeneddFinance
View our Meeting Transcripts