- The Committee published its report, Financial implications of the Autism (Wales) Bill (PDF, 233KB) on 7 December 2018.
- The Committee published its report, Scrutiny of the Welsh Government Draft Budget 2019-2020 (PDF, 1MB) on 27 November 2018.
- The Committee published its report, Scrutiny of the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales’s Estimate for 2019-2020 (PDF, 982KB) on 21 November 2018.
- The Committee published its report, Annual Scrutiny of the Wales Audit Office and Auditor General for Wales (PDF, 1MB) on 20 November 2018.
- The Committee published its report, Financial implications of the Renting Homes (Fees etc.) (Wales) Bill (PDF, 339KB) on 24 October 2018.
- The Committee published its report, Scrutiny of the Assembly Commission Draft Budget 2019-20 (PDF, 995KB) on 22 October 2018.
- The Committee published its report on the cost of caring for an ageing population (PDF, 989KB) on 12 October 2018. All the public evidence sessions, and written submissions, can be viewed online.
Follow us on Twitter: @SeneddFinance
The Committee was established on 22 June 2016 to carry out the functions of the responsible committee set out in Standing Orders 18.10, 18.11, 19 and 20 of the National Assembly for Wales.
Under Standing Orders 19 and 20, the committee’s responsibilities include considering any report or document laid before the Assembly concerning the use of resources, or expenditure from the Welsh Consolidated Fund. This includes undertaking budget scrutiny of the bodies directly funded from the Welsh Consolidated Fund.
Under Standing Orders 18.10 and 18.11, the committee’s responsibilities include oversight of the governance of the Wales Audit Office, as set out in the Public Audit (Wales) Act 2013.
The committee also considers any proposals for, and the progress of the devolution of fiscal powers to Wales as part of its responsibilities.
The committee may also scrutinise legislation introduced to the Assembly.
Work completed by the Finance Committee
Clerk: Bethan Davies.
National Assembly for Wales
Phone: 0300 200 6372
Web site: www.assembly.wales/SeneddFinance