Committee on School Funding
The Committee ceased to exist on 14 June 2006.
The terms of reference for the Committee were to:
- review all the sources of income (both revenue and capital), how so ever generated, which create maintained primary and secondary school funding (to include pupil referral units);
- review the distribution of funding to maintained schools—both primary and secondary and pupil referral units;
- consider the impact of National Assembly and UK Government initiatives on the funding of schools;
- make recommendations to the National Assembly on the simplification and clarification of this system.
- investigate and review the practicalities of introducing a three-year funding regime for schools.
- report to the National Assembly no later than 12 months after the date of its first meeting.