Bill-050 - Darren Millar - Holiday Caravan Park (Wales) Bill
A Member must provide ‘pre-ballot information’ to set out the intended purpose of their proposed Bill before it is entered into the Presiding Officer's ballot. This information is set out below.
Policy Objectives of the Bill
The purpose of this proposed Bill is to improve the regulation of the holiday caravan park industry.
The Bill is designed to address concerns regarding the management and regulation of holiday caravan parks, including, but not exclusive to:
- unlawful occupation of caravans
- the powers available to local authorities to address unlawful occupation of caravans
- the resources available to enforce operating conditions on holiday caravan park licences
- the fitness of persons operating/owning holiday caravan parks
- abuses by some holiday caravan park owners of holiday caravan owners on their sites
- the cost of providing public services to those who use holiday caravans as their main home
I have received support from many constituents.
I intend to consult widely with stakeholders about this Bill.