Children's Commissioner Appointment Advisory Committee (May 2000 - June 2001)
This page provides information on the role and remit of the Children's Commissioner Appointment Advisory Committee, details of Committee Members, advice on forthcoming meetings and access to papers and minutes.
Role and Remit
The Children's Commissioner Appointment Advisory Committee will:
- the job specification for the post;
- the criteria against which candidates will be assessed;
- the terms of the advertisement and other recruitment documentation, such as the application form;
- the media in which the post will be involved in the appointment process;
- how children and young people will be involved in the appointment process;
- advise on the level of remuneration for the post;
- advise on the membership of the selection panel, within the guidelines of the National Assembly's Code of Practice on Public Appointments;
- advise the selection panel on a shortlist of candidates for interview; and
- report to the Assembly on the above.